Do you ever have those days when you crave something sweet? It can't be any ole" sweet. It has to be something absolutely wonderful that is worth falling of the sugar wagon for! Today was one of those days for me. I'm sure it's all part of the raging female hormones that are afflicting my body! I made my favorite chocolate cake ever!
Of course I'm sharing the goodness.
Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean
1 1/2 cubes of butter
1- 8 ounce cream cheese
3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
2 tsp of vanilla
Kahula- 1/4 cup or more
Mix ingredients until smooth and creamy. I don't soften my butter and cream cheese for very long.
Frost on cooled cake